Tuesday 17 July 2018

To Whom It May Concern

Since everything is under control, and we are a happy, already-flourished democracy moving towards progress and development, here's what I have to say about General Elections 2018 in Pakistan and here's to whom it may concern.

O Leader!
Thy lips spill hate.
Thy heart flames rage.
Thy words spit insult.
Thine eyes shoot anger.
Thou call me insane
and treat me low.
Thou call me an ass
and call thyself true.
Thy friends call me names
and call my elders too.
And I, the less
I, the unclean
Shall choose Thee, the only;
The only and the clean.

While I hope the best may win, I also know it is not a a world cup final and there is no best out there. Recent incidents of terrorism has taken leaders from us, once again. And while i had this urge to not cast a vote this time I contacted the most sane of my friends hoping she will convince me to drop the idea. But in all honesty, neither the one man show we are watching on media despite the huge criticism from rest of the political parties and the nation itself is disappointing, nor is the fact that he continues to speak a language loaded with inappropriateness that discouraging.
What aches the heart here is that the supporters know everything. They proudly claim what even the paid thinkers won't utter under their breath. And despite knowing the possibilities of the sources from where all this power comes, they continue to support whoever they support, calling this huge damage a collateral one "for a greater good" as they like to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment